Lisa’s Classic Asparagus Vinaigrette
Spring is the time for the freshest of asparagus.
- 4 lbs. fresh asparagus large size, but not tough (For good quality, buy at a farmer’s market near you.)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. brown mustard (such as Poupin)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Break off the ends of the asparagus. There is a natural point where this happens. If you have a lot of time, peel a bit of the outer layer from the bottom of each spear.
- Steam in a small amount of simmering, salted water. I use a large frying pan.
- Take off the heat once the asparagus turns bright green.
- Drain and dry. Set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients together with a whisk until thick.
- Just before serving, add vinaigrette to the asparagus.