Based on the recipe from The Fannie Farmer Cookbook.
Makes about 15 crepes, depending on thickness
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbs. melted butter plus some melted butter for cooking the crèpes
- Beat the eggs well, then beat in the milk, salt, our and melted butter.
- Cover and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a 5- to 7-inch non-stick skillet until moderately hot, then lm it with butter using a brush or folded paper towel.
- Using a ladle, pour in 3 or 4 tablespoons of batter.
- Quickly tilt the pan so that the batter spreads evenly in the thinnest possible layer. – Cook for a few minutes until the bottom is lightly browned and the edges lift easily from the pan.
- Turn the crepe with a spatula or by catching an edge with your fingers and flipping it over.
- Continue cooking for a minute or so.