Lisa’s Celery Root/Celeriac Salad with Aioli
This version of Aioli tastes very, very good even though it does not begin with homemade mayonnaise.
- 1 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- juice from one lemon
- 5 – 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs. flat leaf parsley, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together and taste
- Add extra lemon juice or salt if needed.
Ingredients and Method
- Prepare four large celery roots. Celery roots look awful until you cut off the tough, brown outer layer. This requires patience. Cut off or peel with a serrated vegetable peeler carefully until the white inner layer emerges. Cut the roots in small enough pieces to grate coarsely using a food processor.
- Immediately place celery root gratings into cold water with lemon juice to stop them from turning brown.
- Strain celery root & dry by squeezing in a towel. Place celery root in a large bowl. Add sufficient aioli to the celery root so that the salad is moist.
- Make at least 3 hours prior to serving to allow flavors to meld.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.