Alex's Parmesan Cheese Pasta
Re-using already cooked pasta or noodles is a common practice as evidenced by various noodle transformations such as kugel and pasta salad. In this case, my 4 year old grandson's love affair with cheese and buttered noodles led to his very simple example of refrigerator foraging.
- Amounts depend on the amount of pasta you have but think 4 parts pasta to 1 part grated cheese and butter.
- Leftover cooked pasta, any shape with texture to hold the cheese.
- Generous pat of salted butter
- Enough fresh grated parmesan cheese mixed with the hot pasta for taste.
- A bit more fresh grated parmesan cheese on top.
- Reheat pasta in boiling water or 3-5 minutes, drain completely but do not rinse. (I do this, not Alex.)
- Pour in a bowl. (I do this, not Alex.)
- Mix with butter and parmesan cheese until both are melted. (Alex does this.)
- Serve with more freshly grated parmesan. (Alex does this.)